Tuesday 5 August 2014

Cover version of the Day: 'Tusk' by The Crystal Ark

Anyone who's ever got me talking on the subject of Fleetwood Mac will know that at best there's probably only 2 songs of theirs that I'll tolerate (for me, if the words 'Fleetwood Mac' aren't preceded by 'Peter Green's' then I don't really want to know). Fortunately 'Tusk' is one of the ones that I like, and on this new version Gavin Russom's The Crystal Ark succeed in making it sound like a completely contemporary song. It could absolutely be a new track by someone on DFA Records or similar - it's dark, weirdly danceable and engrossing stuff.



The track is from a new Fleetwood Mac covers album which also features the likes of The Kills, St Vincent, Lykke Li and many more, and is released on or around August 14th, depending where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment